Monday, May 18, 2009

project mint bracelets

As I asked my self, “What can I do?” I looked down at the bracelet I had just made for myself out of mere red string and a lovely native American bead I had bought in Arizona and thought, “That’s what.. make bracelets!”

 

That same day I rode my orange bike all the way to the crafts store to stock up on bracelet making materials.

 

I literally spent about three hours at that store trying to find the perfect beads that would fit in the theme of my project, Project MINT, finally after about two hours in I found the perfect beads.. the one’s that are now strung up in the bracelets of the pictures.

 

The leaf is indeed a mint leaf, which I found so necessary as well as beautiful, as it is paired up with “mint pearl” colored Czech glass dot beads as well as accenting “white pearl ones”. Going on with the theme of good for the earth gardening I bought hemp string as well as an off white yarn made in Paris.

 

Making the bracelets was so fun. I believe I got carried away.. I made 10 different bracelets. They are all for sale to benefit Walnut Creek Community garden, which gives 100% of its produce to food banks.



 

The bracelets in the first picture are all four dollars. They are made from hemp string (both white and harvest colored) accented with mint pearl and white pearl beads. The bracelet in the second picture is five dollars. It is a great representative of my mint theme. And is also made with hemp, as shown here with white hemp and both mint and white pearl beads. These bracelets are tie on.

 

I am currently working on the detachable bracelet shown also in the second picture, but it is still in progress. All are hand made with care and purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment